How to Hold a Musky (and other info)

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Muskie Record Stands

According to the sports section of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel this morning, Louis Spray’s record 63-inch Muskie will remain the world record Muskie.

A group of scientists from Columbia University studied the Spray’s Muskie in numerous records and photographs. Using mathematical probabilities of actual bricks that the Muskie was photographed against, which are still in existence today, scientists used this data to determine the actual size of the Muskie based on brick sizes.

An Illinois based group of anglers known as the World Record Muskie Alliance has spent the last 18 months trying to dispel the record. After the results of the testing done by the scientists at Columbia, it looks as if, for now, the legend lives on.

Spray committed suicide in 1984, and the famous muskies he caught -- three world records in all -- including his last, a 69-pound, 11-ouncer, were destroyed in a fire in 1959.

Hopefully the scientific evidence has finally put to rest that this Muskie was legitimate. Whether I personally believe it or not, I’m not sure. All I know is that it makes for some interesting reading. It’s hard to believe that the top 3 world record muskies all come from the Badger state. Let’s hope the next world record comes from here as well!

2 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there freelancewritingdude, I was just browsing, looking for parachute related information and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a parachute site. You'll find info on skydiving gear, equipment, drop zones, powered parachutes, tandem sky diving, base jumping and more! Please visit, check it out and enjoy!
If you have a site similar to mine and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger freelancewritingdude said...

Thanks. I checked out your site and I liked it a lot. I'd like to trade links, but unfortunately I don't have a similar site.

I've sky dived once. It was a RUSH!

Thanks for the comments!

Freelancewritingdude

 

Post a Comment

<< Home